Translate this Website

Monday, June 4, 2018

SIX WEEKS



















It's finally cooling down here and its super great!  And by cool I mean 2 degrees C in June.

The best part of Spanish is how the word for winter is Invierno, and the word for Hell is Infierno.

It's basically the same.  I hear people here who say they way rather prefer the cold because when it gets too hot they feel sick.  But I have NEVER been hotter than when I have 5 layers on because its freezing and then we walk into a car with the heater on full blast.  Heater + 5 layers = my love of winter. ;)
--------------------------------------------------

Holy smokes, I´ve got six weeks left here.

:(


We had a great week.  We got one of our investigators, a 20 year old named Abel, back after he dropped us a couple weeks ago!  We kept passing by his work just to say hi, and one day we passed by his house, and he invited us in.  We shared a message with him and shared the happiness of the Spirit with him.

This week we had exchanges and I went with my good friend Elder Burnett from that one city in New Mexico no one can spell.  We spent probably 5 hours with the legendary Hermana Banffi.  Waste of time? Absolutely not.  Every now and then you just meet someone you feel like you´ve known forever.  You just get along amazingly from the moment you meet, and you just understand each other.  

Hermana Banffi and her family ran away from Syria when she was 9 years old.  Both of her parents died in an accident when she was 19.

And This is just the beginning of her. She met the missionaries shortly after.

But something I thought was incredible, she thought this past year was her toughest year yet.  And she has had some serious fights.  She is a fighter and has a testimony the size of Jupiter.  She is a spiritual powerhouse, and I truly needed to learn a little from this amazing woman.

I know it doesn't get easier.  I know it's going to get harder.  I know the world is tough, and will try to shake us.  It will try and tear us apart.  But if we follow the gospel, we will win.

That is our promise.

I know it´s only just begun for me, 
I know it´s going to get harder.
But I´m willing to fight.

-----------------------------------

We had MY LAST TRANSFER CALLS LAST NIGHT.

I LOVE YOU ALL,
ELDER AMANN
------------------



Hermana Aban and Hermana Patiño making cheesy potato balls !

I'm now in a trio, in my same area, with Elder Banks from Minnesota! (who looks like Biff from back to the future but like actually a great guy).

THE COUCH OUR FEMALE INVESTIGATOR MADE WITH HER TWO BARE HANDS???

Elder Burnett and me


Hermana Banffi and my comp cleaning a tree on intercambios.
Our lunch calendar with members every day #popular #theyloveus