Translate this Website

Monday, June 11, 2018

SITTING WHERE MESSI SAT



This is a stadium where Messi played, and this is the locker where he sat! 




















A long time ago, my old mission president, President Goates, told us about a missionary who loved video games.  It was all he did before his mission and during his mission, it was still a struggle for him.  President Goates worked with him and tried to help him overcome his tendency towards something so worldly and relatively unimportant.  He helped him realize that now is the time to overcome it.  He felt good and he understood that videogames were wasting his time.  In his final interview, the missionary talked about how he wanted to keep good habits.  A time later, President Goates got an update that he had gotten back into videogames and was devoting much of his life to it.  President Goates was disappointed in him for not taking advantage of his time here better.

I like what this story teaches.  During my time here, I have learned a lot about what things are important and what things just don't matter as much.  This time has been so important in my life, because it has been time where I can finally focus on the most important things.  I hope that I do not go back to old habits that waste my time.

President Goates was talking about Self-Mastery, and it is something so important.

He talked about how a lot of missionaries were having problems with music... something relatively unimportant.  During his mission, he couldn't listen to any music at all!  And he came out glad because it helped him learn self control.  

I know that if we have the constantly companionship of the Holy Ghost we will have better self control.  I know that if we have better self control, we will be better worthy for the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost!


We as missionaries do a lot of comparing to one another, which is super silly.  I've been learning a lot about comparing with my two friends Elder Banks and Elder Richards.  Both are SO different and both have amazing talents.  It is silly to compare talents.

A lot of times we make jokes.  One time Elder Richards and I sang during a lesson, and to this day, the family still says we sing like dying cats.... hahaha so we don't sing any more!  We realized that it isn't our strong suit as a companionship.  Also, we joke a lot about how when we knock doors, we scare people as 3 ugly misshapen foreign kids, when the sister missionaries probably get everyone to open their doors... They´re less scary than 2 kids who played football in high school with their one weird comp (me).

We have different talents!  It's ok!  We should work together instead of comparing ourselves.  We might not be the best lookers when you open your door, but I guarantee you´ll have a great time with me and my two hilarious companions, and we do great service with 6 hands to work lifting things or mixing concrete!  I love my comps a lot.  I'm getting better at not comparing myself.  We are all amazing!

LOVE YOU ALL,
ELDER AMANN

------------------------------

Tres Amigos

MENDOZA!


We bought a waffle iron for my first waffles in a long time... ♥

Us doing a bunch of service!

Carpet!

Sunset

ART-GENTINA