This week President and Sister Packer came to our mission to tell us somethings!
Prioritizing Our Eternal PurposeLast spring, while I was visiting a class of young women, the teacher asked the class to write our 10 priorities. I quickly began to write. I have to admit, my first thought began with “Number 1: clean the pencil drawer in the kitchen.” When our lists were complete, the Young Women leader asked us to share what we had written. Abby, who had recently turned 12, was sitting next to me. This was Abby’s list:
- Go to college.
- Become an interior designer.
- Go on a mission to India.
- Get married in the temple to a returned missionary.
- Have five kids and a home.
- Send my kids on missions and to college.
- Become a “cookie-giving” grandma.
- Spoil the grandchildren.
- Learn more about the gospel and enjoy life.
- Return to live with Father in Heaven.