Translate this Website

Monday, December 18, 2017

CHRISTMAS IS MELTING















Obedience vs. Love

Here in the mission, there is a constant flow of "be obedient"

Rest assured, I am obedient.  I think obedience is nearly the highest form of love. 

But I think when obedience is stripped of love, we start to fall for (what we call in Mormonism) Satan´s plan... Which was a plan of blind obedience, stripped of Free Choice and love.

One of the most difficult things I see in the mission is when Missionaries or companions of mine for the whole LOVE aspect of obedience....

Let me explain.

It is fair to say that Jesus was NOT OBEDIENT to the rules of the times when He healed on the Sabbath....  

(*BUT WHAT?? Elder Amann, don't you know that Jesus was PERFECT??*****)

Yes, I know He was following the rules God sent instead of rules made by man....

JESUS WAS NOT OBEDIENT TO ALL THE RULES.

Jesus overruled being His being obedient to stupid rules by OBEYING the greatest rule of all... LOVE.

Love is the greatest commandment, rule, guideline, to exist.  It is the most important thing.  If you are following rules, please CHOOSE to follow them.  Please love.  

So before you tell someone to be obedient.. Please love them first, and even more after.  

Don't worry about the definition of obedience.  Worry about how you love.

Romans 13:10 "love is the fulfilling of the law."
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


In other news... My companions are leaving, and I am going to be left alone in my area.  The sister missionaries that were here are being taken out.  Leaving me with one of the biggest areas in the mission by myself.  I am terrified... I have a lot of work, and don't really know where to start.. But I am dependent on God, and He knows that.  He will make Albardon something incredible through me.

LOVE YOU ALL AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! ITS MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY!!

ELDER AMANN




THIS WEEK WE WENT CAROLING AND IT WAS GREAT!


A 83 YEAR OLD MAN WAS BAPTIZED AND IT WAS SO WONDERFUL


It was 107 degrees the other day.  (is this Christmas??)