Translate this Website

Monday, June 25, 2018

HOW TO LOVE YOURSELF, or 2 Years Lost AND FOUND!



Even the dogs are pumped to win the World Cup!
 
 During my mission I have missed:
  • 2 World Olympic games
  • Donald Trump´s election and entire period in office so far
  • A hurricane and several terrorist attacks
  • 2 Birthdays, Christmases, New Years, etc.
  • the birthdays of my loved ones
  • 2 Years of schooling at USC with my best buds
  • Movie releases of Mohana, Coco, etc.
  • Music releases of some of my favorite artists
  • My childhood dog passing away
  • My parents sold my car
  • My parents moving houses
  • My best friend going on a mission of her own ♥
  • etc

How to Love Yourself. 
 
Before my mission, I used to worry a lot about people being hard on themselves.  I have seen people suffer and it makes me very sad.  I still worry, but I have found something that gives me great hope.  I understand now that we have a choice, and that evil influences us behind our backs.  I have found something that helps me tremendously in my own life, when thoughts or negative influences come.

I have seen the cure, and I've seen it work in my own life.  This cure is so powerful, it can be the cure to almost anything.

Jesus explains in the 10th chapter of Matthew, verse 39:

 He that findeth his life shallose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall finit.

 During these past 2 years I have missed a lot of really impactful events.  I have left a lot of friends questioning and a lot of loved ones wondering where I am and what I am doing with my time.

And in those 2 years, I have lost my life.

And I hope to keep losing it for His sake.  
I know Christ´s promise is real.  I know and have felt the power of those words.
I know forgetting yourself, your problems, your worries, is the secret to getting rid of them. 

All I know is that when I am serving the people down here in Argentina, I don't think about my problems.  But I do find happiness, I FIND PURPOSE.
And I know that promise is available to all.

I have seen people suffer from negative ideas, and I have even seen people go home because of their problems that they couldn't leave in the past (the life they couldn't lose).  This breaks my heart, and I know it will always be hard to reject our lives for what He wants, for His sake. But I know I have found my life through losing so much.  I will continue.

Christ is my redeemer.  He is my Salvador.  He is my life and my light.  He is my eternal hope.  I know He is Love, and I know He is the cure.

What I've learned is that you don't need to love yourself in order to love others.  Just love others to the point where you forget about yourself, and you will find your life.  Do what they want. Do what He wants. Be selfless.

You´ll start to see how good you are at it.  You´ll find your own worth.

You´re worth it. You´re good at it.

I LOVE YOU ALL

ELDER AMANN
--------------------------------


The door Jesus knocks in that one painting:



 
 
How to make empanadas (also how to love yourself) ♥