Translate this Website

Monday, May 28, 2018

COOKING FOR 200

Not an American flag jacket, but an awesome Argentine tie!






































This week was basically Argentina´s fourth of July.  SO much delicious food and fun!  AND missionary work!

We had a super sweet ward activity, and I want to share some lessons I learned from it all.

They involve Hermana Patiño again, she KILLS it and is an awesome example of someone who never stopped being a missionary after her year and a half one ended.  She is a great example of who I want to be, and exemplifies an amazing female/mother figure to me.  One of my heroes!

There were about 200 people at this activity because it was between two wards.  This was a HUGE opportunity to do missionary work.  and I LOVED it!  I absolutely LOVE seeing someone sitting by him or herself, so I can run up to them and talk to them, be their friend.  

And I have gotten super good at it! I mean, I hope I have, it's a huge part of missionary work.  I'm still super weird, but I do really enjoy talking to people.

But I realized something.
Example:  Someone sitting alone, with groups of people all around him, I go and talk to him, I become his friend.  BUT it's not the best thing I can do for this person, because I one day will leave this small ward, but the other members will stay there.  It's crucial that he becomes friends with someone who lives in the area, so that when I leave, he will still have friends.

And so although I love talking to someone alone, and feel great doing so, it is not as good as trying to get someone else to talk to him, or having a group invite him over.

Hermana Patiño is constantly recognizing those who are alone, and invited a few of them to come be with her and her group throughout the day.  THIS was a fantastic example to me.

I also think that sometimes there are two types of people... Those who wait to be told what to do, and those who are constantly looking for little needs and try to fix them.

The first are good people, and might work hard, but only when told to.

The second has a talent im trying to develop more... If there is trash around, grab it!  If tables need to be set up, set them up! if someone needs a friend, invite them to talk!

I challenge you to do the same!
------------------------------------------

This week we´re a little bummed out because although Elder Holland came here to Mendoza, he only had enough time to have a big meeting with the local leaders, and not the missionaries :(

It's okay though, because it does mean great progress, a new stake, and hopefully even Bigger things close to being accomplished.

I listened to a great talk from the Prophet way before he was the prophet, President Nelson, that changed my view on a few things, and helped me finally understand some feelings I felt a long time ago. I invite you all to listen to it!  It helps me learn the ever fascinating relationship between spirit and who we really are.. how to overcome ourselves.

One thing he mentions is putting Christ at the center of my life.

I think before my time here, I didn't really understand it.

But now, I try and put Christ at the center of my life.  He is more important than all.  Some might say that doing so lowers my importance on those closest to me, but I know that putting Christ at the center of my life raises my love for those closest to me.

Please listen to this talk.

I LOVE YOU ALL,

ELDER AMANN


This is how we cook in Argentina.

Party for 200

Argentine Autumn

Pretty sunrise

Argentine Pride