Translate this Website

Monday, May 7, 2018

GRANT AND HIS GIANT PANTS

It's more important to me that my daughters will study than have pretty nails.

I'm more concerned about truth than visibility
I'm more worried about freedom than success
I'm more worried about responsibility than nutrition

More concerned about getting along than being right
More worried about feeling the spirit than feeling healthy
More interested in you  brain than your face, your spirit than your body.

I'm more focused on doing my best than on results
I'm trying to be more outward than inward.
I'm trying to love more.

------------------------------------
This week I was advised that last week they opened Angaco and had the first church meetings ever there!  Attendance was 5! I AM SO EXCITED! They continued yesterday and I am so excited to see how the church grows :) and to know that I actually played a part in that makes me feel somewhat helpful out here! hahaa

Here in Rodeo, Elder Richards and I are not the best missionaries.  I am willing to bet there are other missionaries who laugh at the idea of us.  But we had something special happen. 

The members tell us that they are feeling a very special spirit that they haven't felt for years.  They tell us that we are doing something, and that they are grateful.  This of course makes me feel like I´m inadequate, and I feel so grateful for these people.  I have felt a huge love in these past 2 weeks that I have missed a lot.  These Argentine strangers make me feel so much love, so much peace, and all I can do is sit and be grateful.  I love Argentina.  I love my companion.  I love my area.  I love these members so much.


--------------------------------
Heres a talk I love a lot

President Wirthlin tells us a mighty message of reliance on God.
President Ezra Taft Benson added:

This particular test seems like no test at all . . . and so could be the most deceiving of all tests.

Do you know what peace and prosperity can do to a people—it can put them to sleep. . . .

The Lord has on the earth some potential spiritual giants whom He saved for some six thousand years to help bear off the Kingdom triumphantly, and the devil is trying to put them to sleep. [Ezra Taft Benson, “Our Obligation and Challenge,” regional representatives seminar, Salt Lake City, 30 September 1977, 2–3, unpublished typescript; see also TETB, 403]

Prosperity can deaden us to spiritual things. It can give us the illusion of power. When we are sick, we can go to a doctor and get healed. When we are hungry, we can feed ourselves. When we are cold, we can get warm. In short, most of the problems of life we can solve ourselves—we can answer many of our own prayers.

Because of the relative ease many have in acquiring their daily bread, they can become deceived into thinking they are saviors unto themselves. In their pride and foolishness they feel they have little need of a Heavenly Father. They think little of the power that created the universe or of Him who gave His life that they might live.

I need Him so much, you guys.  I need Him.

I love you all,

Elder Amann 
------------------------

Chopped my hair off 😬

Some friends sent me some letters with some cool stuff♥

Elder Hyer left some big shoes to fill too!

I got my hair chopped.
How we do it in Argentina!

This is a pizza with a literal sheet of meat instead of dough. haHA I LOVE ARGENTINA... And their meats ♥

PAINTING (REALLY FAST - THAT'S WHY IT'S BLURRY)

Hermanos

Spectacular sunset

THE OG DREAM TEAM DARTH AMANN AND CLONE RICHARDS