Translate this Website

Monday, April 30, 2018

BULL RIDING IN RODEO














MY FIRST WEEK IN RODEO HAS BEEN A BLAST.

We are working hard out here.  When I first got to the area, Elder Richards told me, "Yeah we're basically starting from scratch here." 

I love to visit the ALL the members whenever I get to a new area.  Richards told me that this was discouraged by his old comp.  We start going by the members and almost all of them tell us, "Elders, it's been years since the missionaries came to our house. "  WHAT?!  We changed that real quick.

Yesterday, during Church, my companion told me that the attitude of the ward has changed 360.  I am super excited and happy that I was called here!  The members are the best, we've already shared a TON of laughs.  I know that God knows my strengths and needed both Elder Richards and me here!

We were talking, and my companion asked me a major thing I want to impress upon my children, religion aside.  I had been thinking about this for the past year or so, so my answer came quick.

There is a part of the New Testament where Jesus teaches two sisters, Mary and Martha.  I won't ruin the story for you, but it left a big impression on me.

Here in the mission I've learned a lot about Priorities.  I explained to my companion about how priorities make all the difference.  How some things are more important, and how they might change.  For example, if you are in class with a teacher, and your friend is poking you and telling you about the latest episode of some TV show, the most important thing for you to do IN THAT MOMENT is to listen to the teacher and learn and show her respect.  Now, if your friend tells you that a loved one just passed away and he´s struggling a lot, the most important thing would be to listen to him and help.

Just last night we were in a poorer part of our area, and the kids we were with mentioned how in their area a lot of people buy new cars, when their house has HOLES in the walls.  This is completely normal to them, they are happy!  Priorities are just different.

This being said, I know that there are things that are more important.  Forgiving is more important than being right.  Loving others is more important than what you look like or what you wear.  

It might be important for you to study right now, or it might be more important for you to visit a friend you haven't seen in years. Priorities might change from year to year (from schooling to marriage to raising kids), or in different situations, and it's important to always pray and call on God to know what is the most important thing to do in that moment.  I have been very blessed as I have asked, "What are God´s priorities?" and "What are God´s priorities for me?"


I challenge you all to do the same.  I have more direction, I am happier, I am a better person, and I honestly feel like I am becoming something I never could've on my own.

If you have ever wanted to go on a mission, please go.  You will learn things that they can't teach you.


LOS AMO A TODOS,
ELDER AMANN

(I have not been riding any bulls, it's just that my new area is called "Rodeo.")

--------------------------------------------------


Pretty flowers



Outside studies



Old friends on the way here♥





A member has a mask collection

The biggest spider I've ever seen was inside my last church building... probably the only thing I won't miss.