Translate this Website

Monday, April 16, 2018

GET HEALED


BRUNCH WITH THE SISTERS


















 I love the New Testament.  It changed my life completely, please read it in full.
Located in Mark 2:1-7:
Of course, the New Testament is the story of Christ.
Very early in the NT, Jesus is teaching in a small room.
At the bed of a lame man, Jesus says simply and lovingly, "your sins have been forgiven you."
On hearing this, the people started to get mad.
People started to say that he couldn't do that, that only God could.
He then asked if it was easier to do that, or to heal him of his physical condition.
In spite of disbelief, Jesus then healed his body, and told him to walk.
Everyone was amazed as Jesus healed this man, spiritually and then physically.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have zero medical study, but I need to talk about healing today.  Kassie, this is what I have learned here.

This brings me to what I wanted to talk about: Jesus heals. Fully. It is something I have been learning about a lot lately.

The above story is so important because it describes Jesus´ real mission.  Lots of people recognize Jesus for his great miracles of physical healing, but JESUS DID NOT COME HERE TO HEAL PHYSICAL PAINS.   Let me say that again, Jesus healed the sick, gave the blind their sight, he even raised people from the grave.  And He healed them completely.  But He didn't come here to heal people from their physical problems...

He came he to heal them spiritually.

Fully. Completely.  Restored.

This is SO evident from the story in Mark.  The people didn't understand that and they still don't, I have seen  SO many people burdened by pains they think are physical that are actually pains of the soul.  

I have ZERO study of medicine, I have never healed anyone.

But I have seen Jesus do it to people I know time and time again.  He did it with me.

Last week, a friend in Sweden (Trojans 4 life) sent me a great talk called Healing = courage, action and grace. 
(Thanks Syster Hall!) 

This talk was so fantastic and it talks about the healing process.  Please listen to it! 

Shortly after listening to it, I started to get scared and some old thoughts started coming back after a mistake I made.  So I listened to another talk that happened to come with perfect timing.

It's called Balm of Gilead.  This talk... THIS TALK. 
This is one of the greatest talks I have ever heard.

I know it is true.  ALL OF IT. This talk was written from one of God´s very apostles.

My message is an appeal to those who are worried or restless or anxious, a plea to those who are not at peace. If your life is touched with disappointment, grief, or bitterness; if you struggle constantly with worry, frustration, with shame or anxiety, I speak to you.

The Bible records that in ancient times there came from Gilead, beyond the Jordan, a substance used to heal and soothe. It came, perhaps, from a tree or shrub, and was a major commodity of trade in the ancient world. It was known as the Balm of Gilead. That name became symbolic for the power to soothe and heal.

The lyrics of a song record:

There is a Balm in Gilead,

To make the wounded whole,

There is a Balm in Gilead,

To heal the sin sick soul.

I recently asked a doctor of family medicine how much of his time was devoted purely to correcting physical disorders. He has a large practice, and after thoughtfully considering, he answered, “Not more than 20 percent. The rest of the time I seem to be working on problems that very much affect the physical well-being of my patients but do not originate in the body.

“These physical disorders,” the doctor concluded, “are merely symptoms of some other kind of trouble.”

In recent generations one after another of the major diseases has yielded to control or cure. Some very major ones still remain, but we now seem able to do something about most of them.

There is another part of us, not so tangible, but quite as real as our physical body. This intangible part of us is described as mind, emotion, intellect, temperament, and many other things. Very seldom is it described as spiritual.

But there is a spirit in man; to ignore it is to ignore reality. There are spiritual disorders, too, and spiritual diseases that can cause intense suffering.

The body and the spirit of man are bound together. Often, very often, when there are disorders, it is very difficult to tell which is which.

There are basic rules of physical health that have to do with rest, nourishment, exercise, and with abstaining from those things which damage the body. Those who violate the rules one day pay for their foolishness.

There are also rules of spiritual health, simple rules that cannot be ignored, for if they are we will reap sorrow by and by.

All of us experience some temporary physical sickness. All of us now and again may be spiritually ill as well. Too many of us, however, are chronically spiritually sick.

We don’t need to stay that way. We can learn to avoid spiritual infections and maintain good spiritual health. Even though we have a serious physical ailment, we can be spiritually healthy.

If you suffer from worry, from grief or shame, from jealousy, disappointment, or envy, I have something to tell you.

He goes on to tell the story of a spiritual giant who suffered a special kind of spiritual Hell early in his life.  He gives his advice which allowed him to overcome it.

I have experienced a taste of this type of healing, not any Balm of Gilead, but the most amazing happiness of my life.  I have seen it in the lives of others.  I know its true.

Please, I think we all have a little spiritual cleaning up to do.  Listen to this talk.



I LOVE YOU ALL,

ELDER AMANN

P.S. Literally, nearly everything I read these days has something to do with Integrity, and I know I'm supposed to learn something about it.. If you want to help me, please send your thoughts on the subject!

-----------------------------------------------------

I haven't been to the offices in a very long time, which means no mail since the beginning of March :( But the good news is that I'm going this week, and that we´re going to have a special conference with the Presidente de Area this week!)

Here's a video of knocking doors in Argentina!



 
BRUNCH was WITH MAPLE SYRUP (It's been two years since I have seen this stuff.)



Exchanges with the best of the best, Elder HOBBS


It got cold again

 Language study with Victor