Translate this Website

Monday, March 5, 2018

JUDGMENTAL



















THIS WEEK I BEEN THINKING ABOUT BEING JUDGMENTAL.

Being judgemental is no fun... and its a PROBLEM. 

But we HAVE TO MAKE JUDGMENTS

I like this page from True to the Faith:

Sometimes people feel that it is wrong to judge others in any way. While it is true that you should not condemn others or judge them unrighteously, you will need to make judgments of ideas, situations, and people throughout your life. The Lord has given many commandments that you cannot keep without making judgments. For example, He has said: “Beware of false prophets. … Ye shall know them by their fruits” (Matthew 7:15–16) and “Go ye out from among the wicked” (D&C 38:42). You need to make judgments of people in many of your important decisions, such as choosing friends, voting for government leaders, and choosing an eternal companion.

The Lord gave a warning to guide us in our judgment of others: “With what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged; and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother: Let me pull the mote out of thine eye—and behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast the mote out of thy brother’s eye” (3 Nephi 14:2–5).

Alright, so we obviously need to make judgments.. Making judgements is not wrong, its actually a very good thing.  So what is wrong?  I was talking with my companion and we came to the conclusion that FAULT FINDING is wrong... Especially when driven by bad intentions.  This is criticism.

If we have good intentions and want to CONSTRUCT rather than break down, we will never been judgemental.  It all has to do with where our intentions are.

AND DO NOT criticize someone based on their appearance... Get to know them!

CHALLENGE:  Make sure your intentions are righteous and good!


QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"A wise man has said that we need to be reminded more than we need to be instructed."
TRUE! 

I noticed that I have a tendency to call little girls cute and I have a feeling Im not the only one so.....

Cool things to tell little girls instead of just telling them they're pretty/cute (this helps us and them focus more on more important things!):
You´re smart!
You´re so patient!
You are really fun!
You make me happy!

I want to bear you all my testimony:  I know Jesus Christ lives.  I am so blessed.  I know that His church is guided by Him.  I know we are not perfect... we make mistakes.  But I know He loves us and helps us overcome them.  I know we have the opportunity to change and get better, and that we can do so every day.  I know Jesus Christ is the greatest teacher there ever was.  I know that He knows our pains.  I know that this is the only path.  What I'm doing is not just a way of life... it is life itself.

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH,

ELDER AMANN


I WILL MISS ELDER BRIONES!



Bike problems



Sun problems (he just got here from Canada, and didn't bring sunscreen)
We took a fun bus to Mendoza and had a special leader conference, wooo!
Tiny pear