Translate this Website

Monday, February 26, 2018

CANADA AND KRAFT DINNER

Kraft dinner!

















Me, Victor (great recent convert and photo bomber) and Elder Raymant





















This week was super fun!  I got a new companion, Elder Raymant, and he came fresh from CANADA!  He still felt a little snowy when he got to me.

He was super excited and his energy lit me up!  I am very excited to be a missionary, and it is the best work in the world!

Our investigator, Brisa, was too sick to be baptized this week, but we are praying she will be able to next week!  She really lights up about the gospel.

This week it rained a ton, and we did some service in a park that was super cute!

-------------------------------------------------------

This week I just wanted to write a little about the times that I've felt most like a missionary.  These are all things that you can and should do!

I feel most like a missionary when I invite someone to come to church for the first time, and they come.  It is the most incredible and wild roller coaster ride.  

They come to the door on their own, and then as soon as they enter, they look kind of lost.  You want to be there with them every step of the way, and you want them to be comfortable and happy.  You literally forget about yourself and only are concerned about them.  (Do they know what this word means; do they know how this book works; are they hungry; I hope they aren't bored; I hope they can feel how special this is; I hope they don´t want to leave; etc.)  

Introducing people to something that is so special to you is really wild.  It is very difficult and forces you to be uncomfortable.  You might run out of things to say, and stand awkwardly, or someone might say something that is offensive...


But always, every time, I always feel good afterwards.  And so do they.  I begin to feel normal, and start thinking about my needs again.  

This is really an odd experience, but I really recommend it.  Inviting someone to something is a really great way to make a friend.  Inviting someone to come to church is something very special, and I promise you will feel your faith increase.  But the most important thing I've learned about inviting people to church is RELAX.  The lord takes care of people with enough courage to try a new thing, especially if that thing is visit his church.

LOVE YOU ALL,
ELDER AMANN

I don't have a picture of Brisa, but I do of her little brother (click on any images to enlarge):
Fresh peaches

Argentine Monopoly