Translate this Website

Monday, February 12, 2018

WORTH


GRAPE SEASON IS BACK AND I LOVE 'EM
(homage to Grandpa Joad and The Grapes of Wrath)

















 

This week we had a meeting and it was the last hour of the day and I was super tired and we had to leave.  The man we had a meeting with asked "quien va a hacer la cena" which means who will make dinner and I heard "hacer la oracion" which means pray.  So I said I would and just started praying.  Afterwards, everyone was looking at me weird and after we left my comps were like "he was talking about cena, why did you pray" hahahaha ugh So even experienced missionaries can have problems with the language hahaha

This week was so wonderful.  We are learning about how to be in a trio better, and though super weird, it is a blast and remarkably spiritual.  

---------------------------------------------------

I think a lot about world problems and a problem I see a lot is how women are treated.  The other week one of many friends here said "only pretty girls get famous" and although that is not entirely true, it does speak to some truths about society.  Almost the only value society gives to women is based on beauty, specifically physical.  

I think that is a problem... Where is the worth of a women in society?

I have seen campaigns saying that all girls are beautiful, and though these campaigns are supportive in idea, they drive home this cold reality.  We are sending a message that says that beauty is all that matters, so focus all your efforts on this.  This is the goal of all make up and clothing and even social media companies is this.

I want to start to focus on changing the worth of human beings, especially women.  

Thats all the time I have! 


I LOVE YOU ALL,

ELDER AMANN


ELDER SAENZ


Making sweets

Making sweets