Translate this Website

Monday, May 29, 2017

Re: BUILDING SPIRITUAL HOUSES??

Dang that's a handsome missionary!

> On May 29, 2017, at 09:26, Grant Amann <grant.amann@myldsmail.net> wrote:
>
> This week we met some wonderful missionaries who arent Mormon! They are
> going all around the world, Asia, Africa, South America, helping and
> learning! They are building houses and helping people worship and its
> really great!
>
> But that being said... I still glad Im a Mormon missionary. Because theres
> something Ive noticed during my time here, and that is that the difference
> between helping people with temporal matters
>
> and helping them with spiritual/eternal matters.
>
> And the focus of Mormon missionaries is to help people with Spiritual
> matters. These are matters such as family relationships, helping them
> answer big questions, helping give dirrection to the lost, helping LOVE.
>
> There is a question I like to ask myself when I have to make decisions, and
> its "Will it matter in 1,000 years?" and if it doesnt matter, I dont want
> to do it. Spiritual matters will matter in 1,000 years.
>
> Helping build houses is great. We do this every saturday. But a house
> honestly will not provide the warmth and help that a testimony will. So we
> build testimonies. We build "spiritual houses."
>
> This is not to say that other missionaries dont.... its just that its
> something that I really love.
>
> I want to leave you with the words of Dieter F Uchtdorf, a modern day
> prophet. These are the words that confirm to me that he and the prophet
> are the authorities of the Church of Jesus Christ. (Fill the World with
> Christ's Love - Dec. 2014 Liahona)
>
> Jesus Christ taught us how to love. So I want to follow Him.
>
> "Jesus the Christ, who knew perfectly how to give, set for us the pattern
>> for giving.
>
>
>
>> "To those whose *hearts are heavy with loneliness and sorrow*, He brings *compassion
>> and comfort*.
>
> To those whose *bodies and minds are afflicted with illness and suffering*,
>> He brings *love and healing. *
>
> To those whose *souls are burdened with sin*, He offers *hope, forgiveness
>> <https://www.lds.org/topics/forgiveness?lang=eng>, and redemption.*
>
>
>> "If the Savior were among us today, we would find Him where He always
>> was—ministering to the meek, the downcast, the humble, the distressed, and
>> the poor in spirit." - President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
>
>
>
> I love this church, I love this mission, I love Mendoza Argentina, and I am
> a follower of Jesus Christ.
>
> LOVE,
>
> ELDER AMANN
>
> We went to Cerro de la Gloria this week, which is a national Argentine
> monument thats on the 5 peso bill, and IN MY AREA!
> <P1270723.JPG>
> <P1270726.JPG>
> <P1270721.JPG>