Translate this Website

Monday, May 29, 2017

BUILDING SPIRITUAL HOUSES??

This week we met some wonderful missionaries who arent Mormon!  They are going all around the world, Asia, Africa, South America, helping and learning! They are building houses and helping people worship and its really great!

But that being said... I still glad Im a Mormon missionary.  Because theres something Ive noticed during my time here, and that is that the difference between helping people with temporal matters

and helping them with spiritual/eternal matters.

And the focus of Mormon missionaries is to help people with Spiritual matters.  These are matters such as family relationships, helping them answer big questions, helping give dirrection to the lost, helping LOVE.

There is a question I like to ask myself when I have to make decisions, and its "Will it matter in 1,000 years?" and if it doesnt matter, I dont want to do it.  Spiritual matters will matter in 1,000 years.  

Helping build houses is great.  We do this every saturday.  But a house honestly will not provide the warmth and help that a testimony will.  So we build testimonies. We build "spiritual houses."

This is not to say that other missionaries dont.... its just that its something that I really love.

I want to leave you with the words of Dieter F Uchtdorf, a modern day prophet.  These are the words that confirm to me that he and the prophet are the authorities of the Church of Jesus Christ. (Fill the World with Christ's Love - Dec. 2014 Liahona)

Jesus Christ taught us how to love.  So I want to follow Him.

"Jesus the Christ, who knew perfectly how to give, set for us the pattern for giving.
 
"To those whose hearts are heavy with loneliness and sorrow, He brings compassion and comfort
To those whose bodies and minds are afflicted with illness and suffering, He brings love and healing. 
To those whose souls are burdened with sin, He offers hope, forgiveness, and redemption.

"If the Savior were among us today, we would find Him where He always was—ministering to the meek, the downcast, the humble, the distressed, and the poor in spirit."  - President Dieter F. Uchtdorf


I love this church, I love this mission, I love Mendoza Argentina, and I am a follower of Jesus Christ.

LOVE,

ELDER AMANN

We went to Cerro de la Gloria this week, which is a national Argentine monument thats on the 5 peso bill, and IN MY AREA!