Translate this Website

Monday, November 7, 2016

SEEK NOT FOR POWER - October 10, 2016

I made my first joke in Spanish this week!  We were having lunch with my Bishops family, and we were watching Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit... on the TV and there was a scene where there were a bunch of people in the Hobbit house and they just got done eating, and there was a knock at the door! and everyone was startled and looked worried.  So I said "Los Misionaros" and everyone got a big kick out of that.

This week was great!  I shared my testimony in Spanish yesterday during church and it went great!  We had comp exchanges and I got to be with Elder Briones.  The Mountains are beautiful down here.

My favorite scripture this week is Alma 60:36.  It says


 36 Behold, I am Moroni, your chief captain. I seek not for power, but to pull it down. I seek not for honor of the world, but for the glory of my God, and the freedom and welfare of my country. And thus I close mine epistle.

I love that! Seek not for power, but to pull it down.  Often when Im reading the Book of Mormon, I realize so many parts of it align with my beliefs, without even being religious beliefs.  Pull it down!

Yesterday, after I gave my testimony in Church, a Sister came up to us to give us a loaded Bus Pass for our investigator to come to church because she is not as well off! I know that so much love exists in this church for COMPLETE STRANGERS! How cool is that!  LOVE THY NEIGHBOR!

I LOVE YOU ALL ALWAYS,

Elder Amann

Attached is a photo of money here! and it rained this week for the first time!