Translate this Website

Monday, November 14, 2016

PARABLE OF THE COCKROACHES (LA CUCARACHA)

See the Positive in everything.  The media, especially social, has a bad habit of tearing things down, instead of building them up.  

I challenge you all to see what good things come from a situation you can only see negative, even if that good thing is just "I have been given the knowledge that I will do more of my part next time."

but always, ALWAYS love one another!!

-------------

Anyway, there was a cockroach hanging outside our pench, but it was on its back, so I figured, eh, must be dead, right? wrong.

The cockroach was in a spot where nothing could touch it, but somehow, it disappeared.  And thats how I learned that cockroaches play dead.

And because, as a missionary, I have the ability to relate anything to a Gospel Topic, I have a quick parable about the Cockroach playing dead.

We cannot simple ignore the evil in our lives and hope they go away or are "dead."  We must actively fight against them and get rid of them!  We can find help through prayer or scripture to battle the things we dont want in our lives (or in our homes!)


Anyway, This little guy I found in my backpack one day, and the other is some lizard ha! Just kidding, we went on comp exchanges and Elder Nicol was my comp! Great guy, but having two white kids in the streets down here is a little different!