Translate this Website

Monday, September 19, 2016

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR

Let me just start this off with a good
AHHHWHATAMIDOING

alright, now that I got that out of my system, this week went well! hahah!  IM IN ARGENTINA!
And... My new companion doesn´t speak a lick of english. Seriously. He´s from Buenos Aires. But there´s another companionship in my apartment! BUT THEY DONT SPEAK ENGLISH EITHER.

I do not know whether to smile or laugh or cry or shout and the end result is just this crazy smile on my face during lessons.  I understand about 2% of what is being said during lessons... But its ok because my companion is a master teacher... He´s been out for a year and 3 months and he´s 23.  He´s seriously so amazing, but we literally don´t speak the same language, so its really tough at times.  But he takes good care of me and has the patience of a prophet. 


My first day and night was very rough because I went to bed that night thinking that my mission president is insane for assigning me to live with someone who doesnt speak English.  But the next morning, after work out, when one of the kids in our apartment was listening to music, a talk set to music came on while everyone was finished and getting ready for the day.  It was by President Holland, called The Atonement and the Missionary.
I know it was a little miracle that this talk came on for me.  I know that the only reason that that talk came on was because I needed to hear the words of Elder Holland.  IT IS NOT EASY, but neither was anything Christ did.


I got a chance to talk to my president the next day which helped, but he told me I was in one of the toughest spots as far as the new missionaries go. Be careful what you wish for.

Anyway LOVE YOU ALL!

CHURCH IS TRUE