Translate this Website

Monday, September 18, 2017

Curiosity and a poem

Last week I read a children´s story about a little boy who´s friend shows him an inappropriate photo on his phone.


        This week a friend showed me something inappropriate on her phone.  She showed me a song that a clasemate sent her.  It was easily the most destructive, direct from satan song Ive EVER heard.    It immediately sucked it all out of me. 

 ..But she kinda liked it.  Of course she did... maybe it seems silly to talk about the devil like this, but he is real, and he uses attractive things.. Things that gnaw at us, things that make us curious, things that make us look for more when no one is around.

       And although I immediately deleted it, I saw the name of it, and something has keeping it in my brain too, been pushing me to look it up when I got to a computer... Or in other words... right now.  Its been gnawing at me... Ive been so curious. 

But what good would that serve?

 Its been bad enough knowing that this song exists... its hurt me enough already..  

So I´m not going to look it up, despite the curiosity.  I´m not used to denying curiosity so firmly, but I now understand.  I write this letter to help instill the same thing the Liahona instilled in me.  To REJECT the adversary as soon as he wiggles his way into your ears, and to tell someone.  Especially parents.

Satan uses attractive things.  He knows what makes us curious, what makes us want to discover more when no one is looking.  Music is so very special to me, and for satan to use it makes me so sad.  His attack on young adults is insane.  He uses pretty things, a special formula of opposites, a fake sanitized by chemicals clean, instead of the full fire cleansing that God offers us.

God gives us help, he gives us families.  We must stay with them, we must work together.  We must do everything we can to not be alone.  Because we are never alone, though the adversary will do everything to make us think so.


heres a poem

I preach peace,
but I am not a pacifist.
Because we are at war,
We are on the front lines
and he is hurting 
the ones I love.
I preach peace,
but I cannot be a pacifist.


LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH, PLEASE BE SAFE, SURROUND YOURSELF BY YOUR FAMILY, DONT YOU DARE LET YOURSELF THINK/BE ALONE.

Elder Amann

----------------------------------------------

ITS MY GOOD FRIEND´S ELDER STARLEY´S BIRTHDAY TODAY

photos of a very beautiful baptism that was held in La Punta by my good friend ELDER MENDONÇA