Translate this Website

Monday, April 3, 2017

Re: CHURCH REVOLUTION

Thats a picture of the English "Gringo" Room and also Levar Burton, host of Reading Rainbow, vouching for Family History, so get to work! 

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 10:48 AM, Grant Amann <grant.amann@myldsmail.net> wrote:
So Sophie sent me a wonderful talk last week that talked about a revolution coming within the church culture. A revolution that welcomes people of all pasts into our church on sundays, and that loves all.  Not a revolution of doctrine, because its always been the same, but a revolution that is less judgemental.  And Ive seen it.


Anyway the article ends like this: 
I hope this revolution happens fast… because this world is in need of love… and that love will need to go out from Zion.

I know this world is in need of love, and after watching General Conference, where every talk mention how we can be better, more loving, I know.  I KNOW that the love will need to go out from Zion.

The thing is that the gospel has always been the same, its been a gospel of love.   But as this world has undergone changes, we have had to learn how to love again.  

The church YouTube Channel is absolutely wonderful and it has 2 wonderful series which I love!  The first is called Gospel Solutions for Families, and there are a LOT of great things on there about how to talk to your kids and raise a family, but theres stuff even kids should hear too!!

And the second is a series called Hope Works and it features Mormons who have something to say.  Sophie says its basically Mormon Ted Talks and I agree... Its basically Ted Talks that mention Prayer and Church like theyre normal.  And theyre fantastic!  

I really loved this one, and if you felt like conference was too short like I do, please watch this, its a piece of the growing change in the church.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXw_5r5ZHpM

We are spiritual children of a perfect God, and he wants us to become like him.  I know this gospel is the way to a world that loves one another.   He leaves us with scars for the same exact reason He still has the scars on his palms: for us to remember Him.

If you missed any of conference, its all online now, and it was a great one.  

My favorite phrase from conference was "Those who are hardest to love, need love the most" and I know any place that talks about love like that is a place I want to be.  I am so lucky to have this church and I will continue to try my best to love ALL.  And I know my fellow Saints are trying as well.  Be patient with them.  We're trying to be like Jesus.

LOVE ALL,
Elder Amann

Heres a picture of the crazy flood that happened this week (just one night, but the water was up to our knees),
 the church we watched conference in, 
and the giant Grape field directly infront of it, 
and some conference notes!