Translate this Website

Monday, January 9, 2017

ACT? more like WHACK

People have asked me what I got on the ACT basically since I took it.  The ACT is a standardized test that colleges have high school students take.  The material on the test is not too bad, but confusing language and time limits make it really hard.  Anyway, The reason I bring this up, is because a lot of people I know still talk about this test, even though it only applied for the year we applied to colleges.

and this frustrates me.  

The ACT is a test that matters so little, and such pressure is placed on it.  But more than anything, it reduces us to numbers.  It reduces students who have such great things going for them in different areas down to a number on a scale.  Most standardized tests are like this.  And this makes me very sad. 

So please, do not reduce me to a number by asking my ACT score, but more than that, realize that we are all beautiful, and different and no number on a test can take that away.  

Anyway, This week I have to give a huge shout out to my second family,

THE USC STUDENT WARD.  

They sent me a letter signed by so many of the people who inspire me and treated me like family my first year at college.  The USC Ward family is truly special, and we´re made up of imperfect people who are trying their hardest.  I love you guys so much, thanks for keeping me going and inspiring me all the way out here in Argentina! I learned so much from you guys and I hope you´re all FIGHTING ON.


I want to end with a quote from my sister which I liked this week.

loving yourself is an act of christ-like love, and a hard one at that. That forgiving yourself is part of recognizing the spark of divinity within yourself as you do in others.  Its hard to accept that you truly are beautiful, powerful, creative, kind, loved.

Love yourself, and realize you are AMAZING. 

LOVE ELDER AMANN

CHECK OUT THIS CEREAL AND CUPCAKES WE GOT