Translate this Website

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Stick Pull?? 9/16 - 22

Day 20 and we still have not played a single game of stick pull.  Like it wasn't Joseph Smith's favorite sport or something... Like Joseph Smith wasn't the greatest Stick Puller of all time.

"Joseph beat Justice A. Morse (the strongest man in Ramus) at the stick pull WITH ONE HAND" 


Tuesday:

The computers worked all day on P Day, and it was much better than last week.  We did laundry and we also got haircuts.  They do a good job at the MTC Barbershop, I told them I'd give them a five star Yelp rating in 2 years. 

Wednesday:

I touched a phone today and I literally had trouble using the touch screen.  Hermana Barlow made me read a scripture from it.  We taught Maribel again and in the lesson of the Plan of Salvation there's a page with some lyrics from "I Am a Child of God" and when we got to the page, some kid outside the room started singing it.  We took it as a chance to testify of the Holy Ghost and she loved it.

Thursday:

We cleaned the stairs again.  After, we took a well deserved nap.  Basically all the MTC is for us is learn Bible Concepts through spanish.  We taught our teacher today and it went super well and I feel more comfortable with it.
We got a new teacher, his name is Hermano Wooden and I like him a lot.  He does not look a day over 20 but he has a really strong testimony and I find it very easy to learn from him.
I also got some new scriptures to mark up and I'm having a great time with that! 

Friday:

One thing that I'm learning here is "dont be better tomorrow, just be better right now."  When every day is the same thing, it kinda helps to just be able to focus on being better.  I have a problem not wanting to talk in Spanish unless I know what to say, but I am trying to just start speaking and working on it.
There's a weird phenomenon here where people who have been here longer seem older, even though I am one of the older kids here. 

Saturday:

Rod and I taught our teacher again as Hermana Bety.  Bety is someone she taught on her mission, and she is acting like her.  She said we did a good job, but can be better at having a unified lesson between the two of us working together.  It's so much easier in English and I constantly just wish I could use it.  Most kids who are in Spanish speaking missions took Spanish in high school, so I'm a little behind the curve. :(  A lot of my friends here like to joke around and tell everyone about how I went to USC for a year and "how cool is this guy" and it cracks me up because I just own it.  Go Trojans!

Sunday:

Elder Roderick and I gave the Sacrament Blessing today!  It went really well and President Price said it felt like we were his kids giving it for the first time and that he felt so proud. 
     President Price talked in Sacrament today! It was so powerful.  It felt like the past 2 weeks he has been unfolding his story to me.  He talked about his mom again.  She passed away, and when she did, President Price's heart was softened and he was looking for the correct church.  He found it.  He said that when he was growing up, she would often ask him if he knew what his purpose here on Earth was... Even when he was a little boy.  She asked him this throughout the years because she herself was lost.  This broke my heart.  He met with the missionaries when he was my age and they told him to read Alma 32 and 33 first, even though they don't normally do that.  I'll list them below.  President Price knew that his mom was no longer here, but that he would one day see her again.  He served a mission the next year.  He found that purpose that his mother was looking for. 
     Sunday Night Devotional was a musical!  The Nashville Tribute Band played a bunch of songs for us.  It was good, but I've never loved country...

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/alma/32.27?lang=eng#sepia

27 But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words.


Below is a picture of Rod and me with President Price!  Love you all!