Translate this Website

Monday, January 15, 2018

I WILL NOT STUDY WAR, NO MORE



















Today is Martin Luther King Day.  

Martin Luther King is one of my personal heroes.  I believe he changed the world, and he did it using his self described "soul force."

Everyone knows his "I Have a Dream" speech, but I would like to share with you another of his speeches that professes his profound faith in Christ.

Martin Luther King was a faithful believer of Jesus Christ.  His words were driven by the spirit of God, and I am confident that God used him in His work.  I believe this Faith in Jesus is something seriously missing in government in 2018, and it is the reason there is no Martin Luther King, Jr. in 2018.


"This is a calling that takes me beyond national allegiances. But even if it were not present, I would yet have to live with the meaning of my commitment to the ministry of Jesus Christ. To me, the relationship of this ministry to the making of peace is so obvious that I sometimes marvel at those who ask me why I am speaking against the war. Could it be that they do not know that the Good News was meant for all men, for communists and capitalists, for their children and ours, for black and white, for revolutionary and conservative.


"Have they forgotten that my ministry is in obedience to the One who loved His enemies so fully that he died for them? What, then, can I say to the Vietcong, or to Castro, or to Mao, as a faithful minister to Jesus Christ? Can I threaten them with death, or must I not share with them my life? Finally, I must be true to my conviction that I share with all men the calling to be the son of the Living God. Beyond the calling of race or nation or creed is this vocation of sonship and brotherhood. And because I believe that the Father is deeply concerned, especially for His suffering and helpless and outcast children, I come today to speak for them." - Dr. King´s Lecture on "Why I am Opposed to War in Vietnam"

He speaks very passionately about war and peace.  War is something wicked.  I publish peace.  Martin Luther King stood to me as a fighter, one of the greatest.  But he did not study war. 
"With this faith, we'll sing it as we're getting ready to sing it now. Men will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. And nations will not rise up against nations, neither shall they study war anymore."


And I don´t know about you, but I will not study war, no more.
We must share with them our lives.

LOVE YOU ALL,
ELDER AMANN


PS. One of my other heroes, Hannah, has a birthday this Friday. Happy birthday Hannah!

Syster Sophie Beck and her sister, Hannah.  Happy Birthday Hannah!