Translate this Website

Monday, July 10, 2017

Brother Newbold


I was just about to go to bed last night when I started thinking about a good friend of mine!

Bruce Newbold!  He passed away around a year ago, but I know he´s doing great!  All growing up, when we would get to church, he´d be the one welcoming us in the doors, warming us with his smile, no matter how late we got to church.

He would always ask how my dad was doing, and to tell him that he´s loved.  I knew just by hearing the way he asked about my dad, it was very obvious that Brother Newbold actually cared about him.  

Brother Newbold is a great example of love to me, and I hope to be more like him!  I was one of his last home teachers before he passed away, and it was such a great honor to get to know him more.

Brother Newbold is the type of guy that nobody could say a bad word about because he was just so filled with love.  Getting to see him at church in his favorite tie, a tie that was drawn on by his grandkids, is something that made me realize what the important things in life are.  

I somehow know he's looking out for me in heaven, and even though it might be awhile, I know he's going to be one of the first people to welcome me!  

Although it's sad for me that he is no longer here, I feel ok, because I know he used his time here to love and bring others closer to Christ-like love.

I know death is just another step... It's part of God's plan.  And when you know this, it takes the sting away.  The only death that isn't part of God's plan is spiritual death, or when we distance our spirits from Him and love.  But we can always come home.

All the conflict we have with one another seems kind of silly, doesn't it?  Our time here is too short for it.

LOVE YOU ALL BROTHERS AND SISTERS,
ELDER AMANN


If someone could send me a picture of Brother Newbold, and tell his family they are in my prayers, that would be greatly appreciated!


---------------------------



Kickin it at Cerro de la Gloria with PRESIDENT PANZZACHI



Freedom Kevin !



and the only thing that helps the cold is dreamin about ski season!  IT'S FREEZING HERE BRRRR