Translate this Website

Monday, June 12, 2017

BULLYING MICHELANGELO


















When something is not the way you think it should be, and you act negatively against this person, this is called bullying.

Even if you don't think you are being mean, the other person can be hurt.

I want to take a stand against bullying by being more patient and more understanding with people who aren't the same as me.  

I have a lot of good friends here who are still in school, kids 15 years old, and to see the kind of bullying they put up with is VERY heart breaking.  No kid should have to deal with bullying, though I have never met someone that went to high school that will say they were never bullied.  Bullying is far too easy.  It's far too easy to make fun of someone who is different than you.  But the consequences can be horrible.  

It's something I have done, but its something I want to stop doing.  If I have bullied you, I am sorry, and I am trying.

Bullying can and especially happens in families.  This might be the worst kind:(  Families are meant to be a force that we have to fight against the outside evil, a safe place we can go, feel comfortable to be ourselves.  I encourage you to always remember that a family is made up of different people, and forgiveness is required. 

There is a HUGE culture going on that is bullying teen girls and boys.  They are bullied by the things on TV and in music culture and they are bullied into thinking that they are not ok.  That they need to change.  They need to be sexy, or have lots of friends, or do drugs.  And this is heart breaking because when they cant be sexy, or dont fit the picture, they get distracted from more important things :(  

Support everyone.  In order to stop bullying, we must do the opposite.  We must complement others, and tell them they are examples to us for being different.  If we know something is wrong, we must turn the other cheek and see their potencial.  The answer to bullying is not bullying.  It's love. 

I know that this is what The Church of Jesus Christ teaches.  

LOVE ELDER AMANN



S/O Elder Mendonca for being a wonderful friend and my best companion yet!



He goes off to San Luis this week, and I get Elder Hogland in LA FAVORITA! 

Elder Agyin and Hermana Murphy go home this week because they finished their missions! I have so much respect for them, they are great heroes, and great kids trying to find the way to make the world a better place.

We went to the university



 and saw DINOSAURS and the MICHELANGELO'S CREATION OF ADAM (seen through the dinosaurs):