Translate this Website

Monday, March 20, 2017

THE GIFT

I am a huge Twilight Zone fan, and I honestly believe television hasnt seen the level of writing greatness that the series had.

Theres one episode in particular that I think about here in the mission.  Its the story of a little Mexican village who receive a crash landed space traveler.  The story is an allegory to the life of Jesus Christ.

The village rejects his presence, though he has a gift for the people and he comes in peace.

The people misinterpret his actions and shoot him, his gift, a potion cure for cancer falls to the ground and is destroyed.

I had my dad send me part of the script that, in my opinion is some of the greatest script writing about Jesus ever written.
Williams = Space Traveler
Pedro = Village Boy who wants to help the stranger.

Williams cannot stay forever, and is telling his little friend, Pedro.
Pedro: "For good, seƱor? For good and all?"
Williams: "Oh, no, Pedro, there's no such thing as "for good and all." There is only forever. I will come back sometime… or others like me."
Pedro: "Where you're from, is there a God?"
Williams: "The same God, Pedro."
Pedro: "I wonder."
Williams: "What?"
Pedro: "If God were to come to earth, would they find him so strange that they would be afraid, and would they shoot him?"
Williams: "Did not His son come once, Pedro?"
Pedro: "And they nailed Him to a cross."
Williams: "And then spent 2,000 years learning to believe in Him. All things take time, Pedro. Soon, Pedro, soon your people will no longer be afraid of me. They will not be afraid, and then… then I can show them the gift."
 

Today, I want to talk about Jesus Christ and who he was.

Jesus Christ was a stranger to mankind who came in peace.  He came to offer the world a gift, a gift that would save us all.  He came to teach us to love one another.  Thats all there is to him.  I know because Ive studied his teachings.  

As the CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST I want to make it loud and clear that what I (we) represent is this love.  If any of you, i̶n̶c̶l̶u̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ESPECIALLY members, think that this church is more or less than this humble love, than I highly suggest reading about Jesus in the New Testament and taking a step back to forget all the mumbled up secondary stuff. And smile big enough so that your neighbors here in Argentina can see.

We have the same God.  There is no such thing as good and for all.  There is only forever.

LOVE YOU ALL,
Elder Amann

----------------------------
Im trying to love my neighbor, Im learning to serve a friend.

We had an open church this week, and a bunch of people got to learn about us and our gospel! The picture has mostly members who helped out, but Carmen and Freddy are below us in the photo! 

Also bouce house!